Levoit, founded in 2017, is a California-based, woman-owned company focused on creating home products designed for the wellness of its customers. The company bases its innovative designs on technological advances and the idea of personalization to suit its customers’ needs in the home. The VortexIQ 40 Cordless Stick Vacuum is a perfect example of Levoit’s sleek and practical products. In this review, we’ll look at the VortexIQ in more detail to give you a good idea of whether it can make an ideal addition to your home cleaning devices.
Features of the VortexIQ 40
This cordless stick vacuum doesn’t just look good; it also packs a punch in the performance department. If you’re seeking a vacuum cleaner that works well on both carpets and hard floors, with large particles (like crumbs, pet hair, and pet litter) and more microscopic ones (like pollen, dust, and pet dander), then look no further.
Here are some of the features of this cordless vacuum that make it stand out from the pack:
Dynamic Power Control (DPC) technology
The vacuum can detect debris to adjust its suction power levels (light, medium, or heavy) accordingly. This capability means the vacuum’s efficiency and battery life are perfectly balanced.
Clear LED display
All the information you need for an efficient clean is displayed on the vacuum’s LED screen: suction levels, level of detected debris, battery level, and airflow blockage indicator.
The seven-cell battery is easy to remove and replace. It’s charged in the charging dock (which is also an accessory holder and can be mounted on the wall) for four to five hours and has a run time of around 40 minutes on low power.
The VortexIQ 40 has a mighty suction power of 130 AW, meaning it can lift carpet fibers and dig deep to remove embedded dirt and allergens.
The vacuum cleaner is powerful but lightweight, weighing 7.1 pounds. It’s easy to steer, and you can adjust its body and swivel the vacuum head to reach even the most awkward or hard-to-reach places in your home.
Not only is the VortexIQ 40 flexible, but you can also swap the vacuum head with the accessories (a telescoping crevice tool and a two-in-one dusting brush) to best suit your cleaning needs.
The vacuum is bagless, and its dust bin can hold 2.5 cups (0.6 liters) of dust and grime.
The VortexIQ 40 truly excels with its four-stage HEPA filtration system, enabling the vacuum to trap just under 100% of particles that are merely 0.3 microns in size (such as pollen, dust, and pet dander). This is fantastic news if you and your loved ones want to breathe clean, allergen-free air.
- Stage 1: The vacuum’s powerful cyclone effect separates the large particles.
- Stage 2: The metal filter blocks larger particles and hair.
- Stage 3: The HEPA-type pre-filter traps those microns.
- Stage 4: The HEPA-type main filter traps any additional fine dust.
The filters are washable (monthly) and only need to be replaced about twice a year, meaning that the number of times you have to replace them is significantly reduced—saving you time and money.
The vacuum is equipped with LED headlights, allowing you to see all that dirt while vacuuming in dim light or under furniture.
This Levoit cordless stick vacuum has an anti-entanglement-designed roller brush with a large diameter to prevent long or pet hair from getting tangled up in the mechanism.
As we’ve mentioned, this vacuum comes with two extra head accessories. It also includes a charging dock with an accessory holder (so you can keep everything neat, tidy, and out of the way) and the battery charger.
Consumer reviews of the vacuum are overwhelmingly positive, with buyers impressed overall with the VortexIQ’s design and performance. Users of the vacuum have commented:
- How easy and quick it is to set up and assemble.
- The parts are high quality, even though lightweight.
- The device runs quietly and smoothly, unlike robot vacuums (thanks partly to its rubberized wheels).
- You can either manually adjust the suction or set it to auto mode.
- It’s easy to maneuver.
- The body is comfortable to hold.
- The design is sleek and elegant.
- It’s easy to turn on or off.
- The flex function is impressive; it can navigate under furniture without problems. The multi-functional design allows for conversion to several different positions, which also helps when cleaning stairs. The accessories are an excellent addition.
- The battery is easy to remove and charge.
- The suction is very powerful for a relatively small, battery-operated vacuum. Even on a low setting, it picks up lots of dust and dirt—even pet hair—on the first pass. This makes it perfect for homes with kids, pets, and heavy foot traffic.
- The smart technology that detects debris automatically is handy, especially if you’re constantly switching between types of flooring.
- The fact it’s cordless means you can use it pretty much anywhere, including in your car.
- It comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty.
- Nothing’s perfect, right? Even this nifty cordless vacuum has some criticism from its users. These include:
- It’s a bit on the heavy side (perhaps due to its battery and handle), making it difficult to use for a prolonged period.
- The debris container is on the small side, meaning it needs to be dumped out too often.
- As it’s bagless, there’s a higher risk of dust being kicked up when emptying the vacuum.
- You have to be careful when handling the flex button, so you don’t hit the release button accidentally.
The LevoitIQ 40 cordless stick vacuum is a sleek, smart, convenient cleaning appliance that’ll enhance your cleaning routine—especially if you have children or pets keeping your house less than sparkling. Like all home cleaning devices, there are cons as well as pros to the IQ40. But these are vastly outweighed by the advantages of owning an intelligent, intuitive, and powerful vacuum like this, as many consumers will testify.